How are you all? I got a Pedometer for Mother’s Day back in May and I have been wearing it fairly consistently since. I will probably do a review on the pedometer I have been wearing soon, however, spoiler alert I don’t love it.
I do enjoy wearing a pedometer more than I thought though and it has definitely motivated me to get in more exercise (more so than I thought it would again). It has also taught me a thing or two about movement, like when I am doing a lot more than I realise and when I am doing a lot less. I thought I would share with you all!
Here we go! Things I have learnt from wearing a Pedometer!
- Parking far away adds in a lot of extra steps and is worth it!
- Getting out of the house always helps even if you are not going far or fast just leaving your house gets you stepping.
- That said, sitting in traffic sucks and does nothing (we all knew that).
- Walking is always a preferable form of transportation, so if you have the time just do it!
- Going to the mall is a workout and highly recommended. Seriously shopping could be a sport.
- Going to the gym, going for a run, or doing some “formalised” workout session usually always ensures I reach my goal for the day.
- However, going to the gym, going for a run, or doing some “formalised” workout is not good enough if I then sit around on my bum all day.
- Random moving throughout the day adds up too!
- Getting up and playing or at least standing and walking around a bit makes an enormous difference (vs just sitting watching my kids play).
- House work is overrated and doesn’t really make that big of a difference…. okay well maybe it does a little but not a lot! Sorry can’t bring myself to advocate spending more time indoors cleaning! 🙂
Do you try to get incidental exercise? Have you ever worn a pedometer? What did you think?