Happy Valentine’s Day!
I know lots of you probably don’t make a big deal out of today, but I’m sure a lot of you do! I have always liked Valentine’s Day, because it is my Dad’s Birthday and I thought that was pretty cool growing up. My Dad always joked that it was unfair he had to buy a present for someone else on his Birthday! Thankfully he wasn’t born on Christmas…
Regardless of whether you are in love or not, here are some ideas to make today a little more special.
1. Hug someone! Hugs are underrated and make us feel better, people need direct human interaction, I’m convinced we do!
2. Do something nice for someone you don’t know. Put money in the homeless guy’s tin, buy a coffee for the person behind you at the coffee shop, or even a give a little compliment. Nothing cheers my mood like being told something sweet by a stranger.
3. Think of you biggest issues that are bugging you and give yourself permission to not think about them for 1/2 an hour. I am really the worst offender about worrying and over thinking things, it only makes the anxiety worse and doesn’t solve the problem.
4. Talk to your family and friends. Call someone you’ve been meaning to call for ages, tell your Mum you love her and go visit your Grandma! (If you can!)
5. Have fun and enjoy it! I know so many people who dislike Valentine’s Day and wallow in their dislike. Even if it is not your thing, who needs more negativity!?!
Do you do anything special for Valentine’s? Any cute romantic Valentine’s stories out there? I’m a sucker for romantic stories… Or do you have any special Valentine’s recipes, please share the link. I found this one for Bacon Roses the other day, I’m not a huge bacon eater but I think lots of people would go crazy for it!
Whatever you do have a great day!!!