For a bit of fun today I decided to do this 39+ 1 questions that I saw on Holly’s blog.
1. Were you named after anyone? Yes, the character Jessica from the Australian film The Man From Snowy River, played by Sigrid Thornton.
2. When was the last time you cried? Probably yesterday, I have been a bit emotional lately. I don’t mind though it always makes me feel better to have a cry and let out those emotions.
3. Do you like your handwriting? My handwriting is terrible, but extremely efficient. I had to learn to write very quickly to take notes at Uni and in Court, so it is fast, but not so pretty.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Eh, not the biggest lunch meat eater. I used to love getting a free piece of devon at the deli counter when I was a tiny kid and my Mum was ordering food for the family. Don’t think I could ever eat a devon sandwich.
5. Do you have kids? Yes, 2 girls!
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? I don’t know, I hope so.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? In real life, yes. Has gotten me into trouble though on many occasions.
8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes, maybe one of the only ones from my generation who does.
9. Would you bungee jump? No, I can be a bit of a daredevil, but I don’t like the pressures it puts on your body. Also I have a fused back and they wouldn’t let me do it (I went to watch a friend in NZ do their jump and asked.)
10 What is your favorite cereal? Oats and granola, separately not together.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? I used to, but the older I get the lazier I get about it!
12. Do you think you are strong? Yep!
13. What is your favorite ice cream? Mint Choc Chip, but I’ll pretty much eat any flavour.
14. What is the first thing you notice about other people? Their smile and their eyes usually.
15. Red or pink? I really like both.
16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I hate confrontation and aggression, which means I at times find it hard to speak up for myself.
17. Any tattoos? No, the rebel in me has always wanted me, but it is such a commitment and my taste changes too easily. Also tattoos on old skin don’t seem like such a good look and I have rarely been impressed by any tattoos.
18. Do you have any hobbies? Blogging, playing with my kids (that counts right). I used to have a zillion pre-kids, anything dance, water sports, fitness and even crocheting. I have not been for a surf or to a dance class though since before they were born.
19. What color shoes are you wearing? Barefoot.
20. What was the last thing you ate? Crumpet!
21. What are you listening to right now? My kids playing in the background.
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I’m going to go with Blue, because it is my favourite. My sister would tell me to pick brown because it is least likely to be used and abused. (We have strangely had that conversation.)
23. Favorite smells? Cinnamon, vanilla, surf wax and probably a few others.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My sister.
25. Mountain hideaway or beach house? I live at the beach, so maybe mountain hideaway for a change. Wouldn’t it be nice to have both or actually either, since I am not a property owner.
26. Favorite sport to watch? I would rather be out there doing something then watching it, but I like watching the Olympics. Especially things like gymnastics, skating anything that is sort of dance/contortionist related. I do really like going to games live though and will happily watch sport socially.
27. Hair color? Blond and brown, I get it highlighted. No shame!
28. Eye colors? Blue, green, gray, depends on what I’m wearing I guess.
29. Do you wear contacts? No, but I most definitely could as I wear glasses for poor distance vision. I only wear my glasses for driving though, so mostly I’m blind.
30. Scary movies or happy endings? I like both. Depends on my mood. I am not big into movies though either, I am usually asleep by the end.
31. Last movie you watched? I am so bad at names of movies, usually my husband picks and I just go along with it. I just googled it Out of the Furnace.
32. What color shirt are you wearing? Blue and white striped, PJ top.
33. Summer or winter? Summer, I LOVE summer.
34. Hugs or kisses? Kisses well and hugs.
35. Computer or television? Computer, I’m really not a big TV watcher.
36. What book are you reading right now? Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids, by Dr Laura Markham. I’ve been reading a ton of parenting books lately.
37. What’s on your mouse pad? No mouse pad!
38. What color is your house? Pale yellow with a green roof.
39. What color is your car? My car is not my favourite by any stretch, but I am grateful to have a car. It is a really weird colour, this shiny brown, burgundy, purple. I don’t know how to explain it.
40. What you go back to school for if money wasn’t an issue? Medicine, time would also have to not be an issue.
Your turn: Answer the question that is the date (day) of your birthday!